The way I figure it is I don't want by baby to be thirsty if the water gets shut off for whatever reason. It's a sobering thought. What if the trucks don't come and put food at the shelf at Smith's. What if a racoon gets into the water tank (again) and the water is yuck for a while.
The way I am thinking of it is preparing for the ultimate camping trip. I went to Costco and dropped a bunch of cash, because you know thats how it is when you go to Costo, and got a lot of food that we would actually like to eat. I got peachy cups, and mandrin oranges, and mashed potatoes and oatmeal. Also I got stuff for trailmix. M&M's and Rasians, and nuts and cereals.
I also bought 7 gallon jugs to fill with water and actually filled them. In addition I have 9 gallons in 2 liter pop bottles I have filled previously. SO I figure if we were conservative, we could not be thirsty for around thirty days.
So what I have done although it is barely adequate, its a start. It gives me at least a false sense of security, which is more than I had before. I shall update my progress in stocking my food storage in the coming days.
Sloppy Joe Pot Pie
1 day ago

1 comment:
way to go on your food storage! just wne mine starts looking ok, i need to use it all!
Post a Comment