Saturday, March 15, 2008

Changes


For some reason things seem to be continually changing around our house. Today the changes centered around moving all the kiddie furniture into a new place.

Everything that was once Alyssa's is now going to be baby sisters. Alyssa got a new big-girl bed (my old twin sized bed pre-marriage) (which she is currently sleeping in, with out incident by the way) and a new dresser from IKEA.

It's kind of nice that she is progressing to larger furniture considering that she sleeps with about 9 different stuffed animals. It was getting pretty crowded in her transformed crib/toddler bed.

We thought it might be traumatic for her to make the switch, but so far it hasn't been. A nice surprise.

9 comments:

Margie said...

Hello there! I am so glad we can be blogger friends AND cousins. This works out great! Can I tell you how cute little Alyssa is. She is a doll. I was telling Travis all about hypnobirth, and he really didn't understand, and I didn't understand enough to explain it to him. So, you will have to keep us posted on how everything goes! I am so excited for you. Talk to you soon.

Misty Moncur said...

Honestly, I don't know if we can continue to be friends if you patronize IKEA. That place gives me the willies. I feel like a trapped rat when I walk in there. If I make it to the checkouts and purchase something, a little bit of rat food will plop out of a dispenser and I will be allowed to leave the premises. If I do not purchase something at the checkouts, I will be led down a dim passageway where there will be two levers for me to choose from. One will distribute poisoned rat food and will mean certain death. The other will open a trapdoor wherethrough I will slide down to the nether regions of IKEA, where I will be presented with two choices. I may either purchase something at the checkouts, or be doomed to wander the maze of IKEA until my dying day. I get really panicky in there.
Moving to a big-girl bed is a big deal. You will probably find that Alyssa will be glad to share her old things with her new baby.

Dan said...

IKEA's not all that bad. Sure, they should have an iron rod leading through the whole place to keep people from getting lost in there forever, and the checkout conjures up images of the soup nazi from Seinfeld, but they have some pretty cool stuff.

Anonymous said...

Yay! Your blog is so funny! I love you! you are hilarious! I like crazy tights too. I feel like a witch when I wear them. At least your primary class likes yours though, my Young Women think i'm weird.

Missy said...

It was good to see you tonight. Thanks for the comments on my blog...I will try and be better at posting.

Check out my comments on the Emery's page...it's on the ones with Russ' new glasses.

Luv ya!

M

Heather said...

I wanna see pictures of the new nursery and alyssa's new big girl room!

Erika W said...

I'm so excited that you're making the transition from a one to two child household! It's fun stuff, I tell ya! I need to come over and see all the goings on at the Sokol house (when your better, of course).

Anonymous said...

I forgot to tell you that I LOVE the sit-n-stand. Taylor didn't know he could get on and off all by himself till a few moths ago because there is straps to lock him into the toddler seat. And now that he knows, he is big enough to stay close. It fits the carseat in the front, I just love it! The only bad thing is that one strap broke and I had to call and had them send me a new one, so I think it probably isn't the best quailty. and the toddler seat cover wont stay in place the best. But for $120 bucks, and all the benefits, I think it was so worth it.

jen&boys said...

congrats on the smooth transition. What a big girl!