The Brick Oven, you know, in Provo. Have you been there? It's so good. I like mainly nothing about Provo because its so creepy, but the Brick Oven is very, very good.
I went there like 10 days ago and I am still thinking, "Hey that was a great meal." For your information in case you are considering dining there, I had the Feast for One. It included a six inch pizza, and one trip to the pasta bar. I also added (for Alyssa) one trip to the salad bar for $1.50 (cheaper than a kids meal).
During my trip to the Pasta Bar I got Spiro noodles and Broccoli. On it I put Alfredo sauce and some Marinara. Then at the end of the bar they have different cheeses you can add. They had Mazithra cheese. I love it. I can't afford to buy my own. At Smith's a block the size of my fist cost as much as our monthly mortgage payment. So I put a lot of that on.
The pizza, which I was not expecting much from, was really, really, really, (yes three reallys) good. Almost as good as the only good place to get pizza in town, The Rusted Sun Pizzaria on 2100 South and State. The alfredo sauce was, yes, better than Olive Garden's, and was totally worth whatever fat content it had.
The Salad Bar, also good, included a chocolate mousse that was unlike anything I have ever tasted.
It is an enormous restaurant. Maybe the biggest one I have ever been to. You’d think because of its size you’d feel like you were at a high school cafeteria or at the Macaroni Grill but no. It’s all separated into rooms and it feels quite cozy inside.
Another highlight is that they have balloon artists who will come to your table and for only tips will make balloon creations for your kids. Alyssa got a Cinderella. The man used like a dozen balloons, and it turned out pretty incredible. People at the restaurant were taking pictures of it with their cell phones, it was rather impressive.
Anyway, the Brick Oven is good. You should go there. If you do, let me know so I can go with you.
*Disclaimer: I mentioned that I think Provo is creepy, and I do, but I still consider myself a BYU enthusiast, even though I graduated from Weber State—GO WILDCATS. It’s just that being in Provo creeps me out.
Sloppy Joe Pot Pie
1 day ago

11 comments:
The Brick Oven is great...and Provo is definitely not creepy. I lived there for 8 years!
Since I recently talked with you, I can imagine you saying all of this. That's funny that you think Provo is creepy. I'm afraid I've always thought Ogden was creepy... maybe it's because I haven't been there though. We'll have to go to the brick oven next time we head to Provo.
OK, it's 10:30 at night and now I desperately want some pizza and a balloon hat. How can I sleep now? Thanks for the torture! By the way, I second the Creepy Provo feeling. Maybe they do take-out pizza and balloon creatures, then we could still have the food and eat it in the comfort of our own county.
Hey now... lets not knock my hometown. Dont make me go off on how creepy I think Riverton is... haha
I wish I could have enjoyed my trip to "the Oven" as much as you... I think I was a little pre occupied with my fussy child. Next time lets go sans children.
the brick oven pizza is good pizza...mmmm...too bad that it is in utah county. i have to admit, it is one of the ONLY good things down there.
It is a good place to go... we went there every time a brother/sister/cousin/anyone-we-knew went on a mission. Love the pasta bar, although I've never had one of their pizzas. I also must agree that Provo is creepy. Whenever I go I worry that I might not make it out. My sister tries to tell me that it isn't, but I'm not sold. Anyway, it was good to see you the other day. We need to hang out more.
For the record, Ogden is creepy. But not Stepford wives creepy like Provo. It's more like Edward Scissor Hands creepy.
Hey! My little sister just took me there last week! My favorite pizza (yes I am a regular- I used to date guys in Provo)- is the hawaiin with almonds on it. Sounds gross but it is tasty!
Ogden is not creepy. It is eclectic. Provo freaks me out. Last time we went to Provo in search of food we searched for hours and didn't find anything interesting and got in a car wreck in our rush to finally leave.
Provo? I spent a week there one night...
Post a Comment