Monday, May 5, 2008

Looking for a date?




So, we went to down to Provo a few weeks ago and saw this kid on just East of BYU campus. I made Steve flip a dangerous U-turn to follow him. It was worth it--proof that Provo is kind of creepy.

I mean, what is this kid doing? He is obviously looking for a date in true Provo style.

Anyway, with all the craziness lately, we forgot about this picture until we uploaded Sunny's birth pics today. So, if any of you single gals is interested in going for a tandem bike ride. . .head down to Provo.

13 comments:

Bonnie said...

You can't see me, but I'm raising my hand to volunteer .. for a date, bike ride, whatever...
;p

Bob said...

I lived in Provo for like 3 years...that ain't nothing compared to some of the stuff I saw/experienced. There were guys in my appartment complex that wouldn't come in our appartment becuase we had a poster of wonder woman and a poster of Buffy the Vampire Slayer (fully clothed by the way) on our walls. I also had a neighbor ask me to turn down my music at 3 in the afternoon cause it was too loud... yeah, I turned it up

Dan said...

Provo might just be the creepiest place on earth. It's like heading into the desert; you have to prepare for it.

First, you have to make sure you bring in twice the Mountain Dew you think you'll need (because deprived soda junkies will try to steal it from you, and sometimes it's best to just lob one out into the crowd so you can get away).

Then you have to fill your car up all the way with gas (and make sure it's operating at peak performance) so if you happen to have car trouble, you don't cause an accident with everybody trying to pull over to help you (I guess that's only if you're a moderately attractive female).

And finally, you're best off if you bring your own music (an iPod would be beneficial) so you don't succomb to the hypnotic subliminal music. That's how they get you. Just pretend to be one of them and you'll be okay. If anyone suspects that you're not one of "them", back away slowly, make no sudden movements, and slowly, very slowly, get your car keys out of your pocket.

Misty Moncur said...

I think a simple solution to making it out of Provo alive is simply to wear you wedding ring. If you don't have one, any ring will do if worn on the appropriate finger.

That guy on the bike is the saddest picture I have ever seen. Don't worry Guy, you'll find a pretty co-ed, probably tomorrow; you'll be married by next week. Don't worry, Guy on the bike.

jen&boys said...

I have to say that I think he is trying to pick up on the poor girl on the sidewalk next to him. She looks scared. I think she's trying to run away.

Leslie said...

Okay, I will admit that there are some pretty desperate guys in Provo. I could tell you lots of stories, and I was only single in Provo for two years. But, come on, Provo is not the creepiest place on earth. I love Provo (what does that say about me?) I mean, have you been to New Mexico? I meet much creeper guys in New Mexico. Or what about Wal Mart? There are always creepy people in there, no matter where you go.

Bob said...

How about guys at Wal-mart in Provo...

Amber said...

Heck of funny! And I SOOOOO totally agree that Provo is truly creepy.

Erika W said...

That is so very sad! Someone needs to jump out in front of that bike and tell him that looking that desperate and pathetic will never get him a hot date, or any date for that matter. The only thing that would be funnier would be if there was a blow up woman strapped to the back!

The Eggleston family said...

Hey, that was about to be me! I was looking desperately for a tandem bike when I found Shannon instead! J/K

Congratulations! She's a cute one.

We are here in Texas to go to school. I was tired of interpreting. Actually, I hardly even did that. What I really did was read books all day because I was bored out of reality. I did get plenty of time to text my wife, though. It was like we had done all of our talking before I even left work. She already knew how my day was and what I wanted for dinner! So it was time for a career change and I am currently enrolled at Parker College of Chiropractic. Let's just hope I like this job! I'll never be able to afford more school after this one!!! I'll have to get one of those degrees from Sally Struthers. Remember those commercials?!!

The Eggleston family said...

You know, the funny thing is, in Provo, the girl behind him doesn't care to run, she doesn't care about her health, she's just trying to get noticed, too! They totally missed eachother and they were probably a perfect match!

Unknown said...

Bwa hahaha!

Camille said...

o my gosh! I am laughing so hard right now! I love that picture! And i love love love that you actualy turned the car around to get it! O man... i love the commet about the girl running next to him! hahahahhaa