

So me and my Crew went to watch Good Things Utah live yesterday. It was really fun. My CSO won a contest to be a guest host for the day. So that was our motivation for going. Isn't that awesome! Isn't she gutsy? I think so.
I don't think I could actually get myself to do something like that. Not to make this about me, (but it is my blog, and I always do) I would probably have a heart attack and die before or while I was on camera, and I am no stranger to the electronic media. During my college days, for those of you who don’t know how awesome and experienced I really am….I was a DJ and hosted radio shows and recorded the news segment on the college radio station. AND….as if that weren’t enough; I recorded the Weber State News as an anchor at the News Desk. It was terrifying and I was pretty much terrible at it.
You really do have to have a lot of talent to pull of being natural on camera. I hate to admit it, but those Good Things Utah girls really know what they are doing. And my CSO Julie was fantastic with them. What a brave girl with a pretty good amount of on camera talent. It was really fun to watch her and see the show live. Plus…free stuff. I got free tickets to the Rodeo and a $10 gift card to Kneaders and some crud from Roberts Craft.
If you ever go see the show live, I recommend dressing nicely in your trendiest apparel. Also have your very best hair and make-up day. You’ll need to in order not to feel like a total tard while you’re there. Every female who works there, and I mean all of them, production assistants, interns, key grips (what the heck is a key grip anyway..?) are un realistically gorgeous. They all wear the latest and greatest trends in the smallest sizes available. They walk around all day at work in 5 inch stilettos or platforms, looking like they all just stepped out of “hair and make-up” chair. They must have an enormous Workers Comp premium because of all the broken ankles from the Stepford’s falling off their high heels.
Anyway…Way to go CSO you did a great job. I was proud to be there with you. Anyone want to go see GTU? I’d go again.

10 comments:
oh - i'm laughing. I think I'm a tard! Do they sell any shoes these days that aren't 5 inches tall? I can't prance around in heels holding a baby... i'd wobble. But this does look like a fun activity, plus you got free stuff - how fun is that!
That would be so neat to get to watch it. I have to admit, I do love the heels, they make me feel so girly. I love it. I wear them as often as my newly recovered broken-tendion ankle will allow. Fortunately the high heel shoes are not wat created my broken tendon. I did that in flip-flops. So I say die to all evil flip-flops!! Thanks for writing comments on my blog...It kinda makes me feel special. If I knew that people would like my blogs I probably would have made it public years ago. Thanks.
that looks like so much fun! jen s. has gone a few times already and loves it!
you girls all look lke you were going to the oprah show!
How fun! I have always wanted to go. I sometimes day dream about being an anchor for a thing like that but I could never do it either!
The ladies from GDU look like some sorta freak parade.
Besides agreeing with Dave's comment, I feel that I have nothing that I can add or say in response to your post... to quote one of my favorite movies, Joe Versus the Volcano:
"I have no response to that"
-Angelica Graynamore (played by Meg Ryan)
i would love to go, i like that show so if you are going again let me know cause i will come with you.
I'm sorry. I've never seen it. Is it good? I didn't know there were shows on that time of day that weren't about cartoon dragon's working out social issues.
CSO- You are to kind to me! I did look nervous but it was fun. I am SO glad that you were there. Thanks for the support. I meant to ask you when we could get together... I haven't seen the latest little one..
I heard Michelle Obama was on that show as a guest host--but that she wasn't as good as Star Jones--but she was better than Rosie. What did you think of her?
Post a Comment