Tuesday, September 16, 2008

...and here we are having fun!

Here are some of our favorite pictures from our trip to Southern California. Hope you enjoy them.

Here we are at Dodger Stadium. We were up in the tippy top of the stadium. Have you ever been to Dodger Stadium? It's built into a mountain side which means we hauled four kids including one in an infact carrier up the mountain side and into our very steep seat. We're amazing parents dedicated to making good memories and having fun at any and all cost. It was worth hauling the car seat though because Sunny did sleep in it for half the time.Here is a picture of us at the Dodgers game, the day we arrived.





























We and the Davies rented a bike car together while we were at the beach. It was one of the funnest things we did on the whole trip. Talk about a family fun machine...this is it. We had a great time exploring the beach and all the little beach house neighborhoods. We sang songs and ate snacks and just had a great time.
















Alyssa loves the beach. She has been asking to go the beach everyday for a year. She finally made it there again and loved every second of it even though for most of it she was shivering. She didn't let that slow her down.



















Here is Sunny enjoying her day at the beach in her Bumbo chair. She really hated the beach actually. Maybe when she gets a little older she'll aquire a taste for it.



















Here we are at Huntington beach. We had a great time.



















Here are Angela and I outside the MTV video music awards. We were there watching the people who were watching the red carpet. It was fun to see all the mayhem surrounding that event and we did get a pic of Paris Hilton.



















We loved our visit with Skyler and Elise. Skyler is a favorite Elder I served with on the mish. We have kept in touch over the years and always look forward to seeing our favorite urban couple. They came and hung with us a the DL and at dinner then took us back to thier super cool cali green Leed certified town home complete with solar panels and uber cool decor. We loved being with them and seeing how they live. Thanks for making time for us guys, we loved it! You're house is as cool as you are.
















Here is a sweet pic of Steve and sweet Sunny. She was a very good sport about this whole thing eating her bottles on the fly and sleeping in her stroller. We were proud of her. Isn't she cute.


















Here we are in front of Cinderella's castle. No I was not crying. Seriously though, it was really special to see it through Alyssa's eyes. It was all very real for her. I have been to Disneyland once like 10 years ago, but it was very different and special being there with my little family. Okay I was crying. I cried half the day.














Here is Alyssa being harrassed by Captain Jack Sparrow (is that his name?) He took a real interest in her. She was quite nervous about him though. He poked and prodded her and asked her about her shirt and tugged on her hair a little. I have to say, she was a real sport about it and never ran away or cried. I think most kids would have.














Here we are with Mickey Mouse. I know he is a national treasure and what not, but I have to say...I don't really care too much about Mickey. I'll tell you who does though...Asians. Every Asian person there had on a pair of mouse ears and mouse t-shirt. I think Cinderella is the new face of Disney and the new Mickey. (sorry Penny)














Here we are meeting the real Cinderella. Yeah it was awesome, even for me. Alyssa has never been more excited for anything.















This is Steve and I outside the Getty Museum, one of LA's premiere mueseums, after viewing some Art.














And finally, this is what a two year old looks like on the the plane ride home after eight strait days of fun. The end.

22 comments:

ba and the boys said...

i will admit that i teared up as we walked into the magic kingdom with the boys.. BOYS! who dont even care about princesses (except me) ot most disney things! all they cared about was star tours.
im glad you had a wonderful time! thanks for posting!

Heather said...

oh...i so wished i was with you guys...next time for sure! what a great shot of the feet at the stadium... good times!

Carrie said...

Looks like such a fun trip! I am always game for those making memories moments even with young kids--I think it's because I love them so much and hope they will feed off of my excitement. I am jealous of your many days at Disneyland--sounds so magical. And gotta love wearing kids out on vacation (wears me out too :)

Misty Moncur said...

Bisneyland?

That Girl said...

How fun! Did you guys make it to Bug's Land?? Ryan could've stayed there all day every day that we were there. Anyway, cute pics.

Bob said...

Disneyland really is the happiest place on Earth. I could go like every day. I do believe Disneyland is built out of Magic and Sunshine and Unicorns and Rainbows. Well, maybe not unicorns cause that is kinda gross. Maybe Leprechauns, yeah, its made out of Magic and Sunshine and Rainbows and Leprechauns.

Anonymous said...

Your post made me miss home! I love the D-Land but I especially love the Getty. Glad you had a chance to go down and stock up on some sunshine before winter.

Camille said...

How fun! I'm glad you had a good time! May I add that you look awesome in you swimsuit on the beach :) you are amazing!
WE LOVE THE BEACH! I can't wait to go back!

Jennie said...

I love Disneyland...I can't wait to go next year!! I thought about you all last week and wishing I was where you were! I'll second Camille's comment because you do look amazing in your swim suit.

R + M said...

I am pretty sure I cry everytime I go to Disneyland...usually when I get there, when I get to hang with Pluto, when I have to leave, and everynight at fireworks. They are all happy tears of course! I LOVE, LOVE THAT PLACE! Looks like you guys had a great time.

p.s. stay tuned for the Storms' family blog...coming soon!

Unknown said...

Thanks for making us part of your trip! We wish we could have seen more of you. I think it's our turn to visit your home

Anonymous said...

love your pictures. Your kids are so cute

Leslie said...

I am glad you had fun. Cute pictures. You look fabulous. Great swimsuit, where did you get that? :0)

Stat Aggie said...

So did you have to have any oxygen tanks up there in those seats at the Dodgers game. I think those are the same kind of seats we had at the Braves game a few years back. Remember the ones where we were on the top row and couldn't move down even though there was noone else in front of us for miles!
Looks like a great trip

treehugger said...

sounds like you all had heaps of fun. I am a little jealous. When we went in may we didn't get to see Cinderella, or Mickey for that matter- but who really cares about Mickey anymore (oh yeah- the Asians). But I was seriously bummed about Cinderella.

jen&boys said...

so jealous! We are planning on taking Riser and Kayson this time next year. Your post makes me even more excited to go. Looks like so much fun!

The Davies said...

I'm so jealous I wish I was there too! Oh wait I was! That was just the best ever right? This whole week we keep saying "Last week at this time we were..." Just about ten times a day. I would say that's a sign of a great vacation.

Samantha did her show and tell about it yesterday and passed out her seashells from Balboa. It was a big hit.

The Davies said...

By the way, do you know about our children's room?

Julie said...

I loved the trip details and the pictures! How cute- I'm super jealous about Disneyland its my favorite place ever!

Em said...

How fun. tanner would be so jealous if he saw the picture with jake sparrow. I am glad i am not the only crazy who would wait in the princess line:) I just thought i would let you know we are having a boy and girl.

Missy said...

I am so glad that you had a great time on your trip. It is good to get away and I am super jealous. We had a great time last year when we went with our kiddies and I will say, it touches your heart to see your child's eyes light up with the "reality" of it all.

You do look fab in your swimsuit and I must say, Steve looks like he has lost some weight! Good for him!

Luv yer gutz,
Mis-say

Tamara with a "T" said...

Ohhhh...Kristin. You have the cutest little family. I was so happy to see your comment! It looks like you do have a "So Cool" life and family! It's good to see how you're doing.
Yes. I have so many fun memories of us. One that comes to mind...we ate like 2 loaves of bread by ourselves. We put butter and then tons of cinnamon and sugar and then we'd put it in the microwave and make it soggy...and then we'd eat it! And then we'd do it again and again! Good memories.