Hi, my name is Kristin, I am six-years-old, and I love McDonald's. Problem is, I'm actually 30-years-old and McDonald's no longer loves me.
I happily went there today with my sister-in-law and our two kids and I had a realization I was not expecting. I think I am too old to eat that crap now, even though...I love it. I mean, who doesn't love re-constituted dehydrated onions over a paper thin burger covered with cheese on a toasted bun. That's my idea of yum. No seriously, it is.
I have really tried to limit the frequencies of my visits and I think I have done a good job of it especially when you compare it to how often I would go if I thought I could go and get away with it (a moment on the lips, a life-time on the hips). But after my last few visits I have left with a belly ache. At this very moment, while I am type, I am enduring belly pains. That is not okay with me. I really really hate feeling sick, especially after I eat. Eating, if you're doing it right, is supposed to make you feel better, not sick.
So here is the point of this blog post. I'm not eating there anymore. ...Did you hear that Universe?? No more McDonald's, not for me. Even though I understand that they do offer good food choices, not likely to give me a belly ache, I am obviously not mature enough to make those good choices while under that kind of pressure. The smell of hot fries throws me off my game and I lose perspective of choice and accountability. So it's over.
Don't even try to taunt me with your "come and eat" freeway billboards or the smells your restaurants emit into the air at shopping center parking lots, distracting unsuspecting shoppers to come in and eat your hot fries. It won't work on me anymore. I am too smart for that now, you must have seen this coming, don't act all surprised. You make me sick and we both know that now.
Besides not being able to partake of some foods I have grown to love, I see no down side to this. I only see good things coming out of this. There are lots of other places I can eat where I am better able to control myself.
So, sorry McDonald's, smell you later. I've grown up, I'm thirty now. I'm too smart for your games. You make me sick. It's over.
Greek Souvlaki Catering
7 years ago

26 comments:
Remember that movie super size me? In the bonus features, they show that those fries can be left out for months and don't spoil or anything--proving that they aren't really food. Weird how that would make your belly ache.
why would you need mcdonalds when you have super yummy iceberg fries just down the street? i'm so jealous.
good job taking a stand, now if only there was a way to conquer the Mikey d's slogan, and breakfeast. Darn you steak and egg breakfeast bagle!
So so proud of you. My little girl is growing up. If only she could teach me now...
I never cared much for McDonald's until just recently. Maybe my body hasn't yet built up a resistance to it, but I still really enjoy it. In fact, the clown gets more of my discretionary spending dollars than any other single retailer (of course, I don't do a lot of shopping).
The best (and cheapest) meal ever is 2 double cheeseburgers and a medium fry. It costs under $4, and fills even me up. How can you beat that?
okay, i am not as mature as you. I love that Mickey D's and I think I will forever and ever. My inner child craves Big Mac's!
good for you! I have decided to stop drinking Dr. Pepper this week and am having withdrawls myself. We'll have to comfort one another.
It's hard to dismiss something that you know in your heart you still love. Give it time and eat it every once in a while. I'm with you though...those french fries are my favorite!
You go girl...I just love that place and hate to give it up. (It makes James sick too)
We gave up McD's a couple of months ago. I don't think you will miss it as much as you think you will. :)
I have almost forgotten how funny you are!!! That really is sad seeing as you introduced me to the big mac...and I haven't had one since Elmira! Oh lady, I am so glad you found me again!!! We are officially blog friends!
It makes me sick too... And really, let's be honest, it's not really very good. in fact they are terrible. I can think of lots of places that serve a better burger... why is it that we crave them so much? strange...
good for you! i gave up mcdonalds and now even the drive thru (for the 3 boys) makes me gag!
and if im going to eat a burger and friens...we are going to tt (training table) and getting the blue bacon berger with cheese fries! that is sooo worth being on the hips forever! (no-i dont get out much if i think tt is to die for)
You are just now realizing that McDonalds is sick? Whenever we take the kids to play at the playland, we sneak in food from somewhere else. Shhh, don't tell.
KRISTIN I found you through you brother on face book...
I LOVE YOU BABE! It has been too long.
Check out my blog..
www.palmerstation.blogspot.com
or you can find me on facebook.
my email is agpalmer@yahoo.com
I really think about you
all the time. Your girls are so cute.
Oops...I meant to tell you It is ARMY.
Amy GENTRY Palmer...YEP ME.
You'll be back... you all come back... I give you 2 weeks tops... You just can't resist me... I am irresistible!!!! Go ahead and try, but you will fail.
Your forever, and ever and ever,
Ronald
ps: see you next week...
You'll never get me Ronald!
Maybe you could try Wendy Donalds - thats what Grandpa Rich calls Wendys!
Kristin- I'm so proud of you! Keep up the great attitude, you look terrific and I'm sure your body thanks you! Laura
Krisin! You kiss your mother with that mouth?! Blaspheming against an American institution like that? One of the only ones who actually made gains this year?! What my mortgage payment is overdue? I think I'll go drown my sorrows in a m&m mc flurry. Our economic loins are gird in that ridiculous red and yellow jumpsuit of Ronald McDonald right now! Geez and I thought you were patriotic...
WOW
I can't and can believe the comments your getting on this issue. I don't know who the Davies are but that comment was hilarious! Maybe if that guy who shot his wife because he didn't know how to break the foreclosure news to her loved McFlurries he could have saved thousands in hospital bills. McFlurries are only what? about 2 bucks. I agree with Heather, Iceberg down the street, screw McDonalds. Everyone who said McDonald is nasty, right on. It infuriates me that it's the only restaurant within 15 miles with a play land (darn you McDonalds play land, my child loves your germ infested nastiness).....please come to Holladay free standing Chick-Fa-La we will totally make it worth your while. Summer Miller, whoever you are, give up Dr Pepper, now that's blasphemy. If you really love it then go diet or caffeine free, If you just give up on it you never really loved it in the first place.
Hana
Kristin, I found you through the lines. You are just as funny as I remember you being back when we were teenagers, you know, 5 years ago...
That is so good that you are going to stop eating McD's. I really need to stop. But it's the closest fast food place for me! I'm with Trisha though. Wendy's is the best.
I love mcdonalds...cheeseburger heaven!
Is the blog with angela the same Snow College Angela? It doesn't look like her.
Post a Comment