There are some things that really bother me about the winter like the cold weather and the snow. But what really gets to me is that the news, which we watch religiously every night, thinks it’s newsworthy every time some cockamamie group gets together to jump into an icy pond, river, or lake. Tonight’s news featured a group racing across a cold swimming pool.
I found this story especially irritating because the cold swimming pool they jumped in was in London. Yes London. Why was that on channel five tonight? Why? Why is that news here? Answer…it’s not. It’s not even news there.
Every time people do something stupid, it’s news? Steve and I went to Costco on a Saturday. So I guess that’s news, I mean who in their right mind would attempt that craziness? Put it on the news. We should be on the news.
Instead of showing anymore ridiculous polar plunge stories I propose they show stories related to people getting out of the cold weather and doing something smart like vacationing in tropical locations.
I think they should show pictures and video of white sand beaches and sea turtles swimming in the ocean. Now that’s news, people having a great time out of the cold weather. That’s what I want to hear about.
Ground hog, if you can hear me…do me a solid, let’s do it right this year. Either see your shadow, or don’t, which ever means NOT six more weeks of winter.
Note: I am not complaining about our current winter storm that has so graciously moved in to clear the air so that we may all breathe once more. Thanks mother nature, you’re da bomb!
Sloppy Joe Pot Pie
1 day ago

12 comments:
Main problem is channel 5 news. Or that you watch the news. T and I can't stand to watch it anymore.
Typically when you see something on the news like that it's because it's a slow news day.
I too caught that story and I too thought it was ridiculous to report on since I too am sick of polar plunge stories. Get with the program Channel 5 news.
I so agree! I can't watch the news without having an anxiety attack! :)
So I totally agree with you on this subject but I also wanted to comment on your celebrity meetings! HOW FREAKING AWESOME AND SOO FUN! I've offically put that on my "to do" list before I die!! Attend that festival in park city! Oh and I LOVED the Hello Kitty jacket and hat!
i have two boys. NOW THAT IS CRAZY and i should so be in the news! dont believe me? spend a half an hour with them singing NONSTOP the star wars theme song.
nonstop...
Channel 5 seems to become more like a freak show night after night. A lot like getting lost when visiting another ward and not knowing which class to go into only to find that you are surrounded by a bunch of religious freaks from Utah county.
what is this I hear about dinner and movie at the Sokol den?
One winter while I was down at BYU, my appartment complex opened the pool in January for a "Polar Plunge." A bunch of my friends and I did it. By a bunch I think there was a total of 10 people who jumped in and about 100 people who came to watch... Hard to believe that 100 people (maybe more) actually came to watch 9 stupid people and one very very intellegent person (me) jump into a freezing swimming pool in January.
I don't watch the news... if something is really important I figure someone will send me an email about it, like that weird email I got about the African Prince who needed my help to transfer money into this country...
Ok, seriously, you are hilair!!! Going to Costco is news!! I mean, who WOULD attempt that craziness? You and your spouse!! Haha, I miss you!!
I too am totally over Winter and all the related stories.
I need Spring, like soon :)
I agree, can't they find anything better to report? Your blog is so funny. You crack me up.
Post a Comment