You don’t realize how much kids depend on listening skills to understand their world.
As parents I think we assume that our kids know exactly what is what. Until we have cute little moments where we actually find out what is going on in those sweet little brains.
We’ve allowed Alyssa to call Elevators “Up-and-Down’s” since she could talk. I guess I just figured that one day she’s learn that they were called elevators and then she would be “in the know”.
Well today while watching Curious George on PBS Kids, she learned the correct word for an “Up-and-Down.”
Here’s how the conversation went down.
Alyssa: Mommy, guess what an “Up-and-Down” is called…
Me: What??
Alyssa: An Alligator!
Me: Do you mean Elevator?
Alyssa: Nope. Alligator.
Me: Okay then.

6 comments:
super cute! I just love how kids talk!
So cute! :)
we still call the memory game the same same game.
kids must think we are dumb...
How cute! I love kids
Alyssa is so cute--seriously she has so much personality and character. I love it!
Addy calls them alligators too...both elevators and escalators and I haven't even tried to correct her. Super mom here.
Post a Comment