Not that anyone really cares, but...,
Guilt plays a big part of my life. I feel it for the strangest things. I have pretty much been feeling guilty since I found out I was pregnant with Alyssa. It's never really stopped. (On the flip side I feel pride when I do right things, so it's not all bad)
Anyway...My cell phone carrier, T-Mobile, has been texting me the last few weeks telling me that I qualify for some loyalty program because I have been a customer since 2003 and as a bonus to them I pay my bills on time (since I have been married to Steve). I finally got around to calling them and found out that for the same price I am paying now $49.00 for 600 minutes, that I can have unlimited minutes.
It didn’t take me very long to agree to that! And I didn’t even have to renew my contract. You rock T-Mobile!
Here is the problem though. I have been playing the don’t-go-over-my-minutes game for so many years now. I can’t shift out of that mode. I feel guilty for using so many minutes. But hey, they're free right? Right!
I am ALWAYS on my phone now (not like I wasn’t before). Because I spend so much time on the phone, I subconsciously feel like I am doing something wrong. I am constantly afraid in the back of my mind that I am going to get whopped by a huge overage charge like I have a few times in the past. It hasn’t happened many times, but when it happens it’s painful.
It is so nice to have unlimited minutes though, so I am just learning to live with the guilt. Maybe it will fade over time, I’m not sure, but that’s my hope.
Anyway…Call me!
Sloppy Joe Pot Pie
1 day ago

8 comments:
Kristin,
Get over it, you deserve it and your kids are SOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!! I am so glad I found your blog!!!!!!
I just switched to that same plan, but, MAN, you were overpaying with the 600/49.99 a month plan. That's crazy! I had 1500/39.99 a month. So I would seriously replace that guilt feeling with a feeling of entitlement! I mean, really, they OWE it to you after raking you through the coals with that crazy overpriced old plan.
Glad you switched! I'm tempted to get rid of our home phone now. :)
So that was that message I got at 2 in the morning of you singing at the top of your lungs?
Ahhh guilt. Its what makes the world go round, doesn't it?
But guilt for cell phone minutes? Absurd!
oh funny! my kids yell at me if i need to make a phone call when driving (it is always related to going somewhere and i am so lost!), they will start crying 'pull over pull over so we dont crash!'.
they know me too well...
ps-guilt is a italian-catholic thing-ignore it!
The night after I read this post, I had a horrible nightmare about a $940 cell phone bill. I woke up in a cold sweat thinking Jason was going to kill me for using so many minutes. Then I remembered this post and I knew from whence the dream had come.
Kristin, You're awesome!!
T-Mobile also offered me that plan, but i'm on the 3000 whenever minutes for $49.99 so it's the same price, just no longer a regional calling area/nationwide. You rock!
~Erin
Post a Comment