Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Stuff around the house



Life around the house is good.

Sunny has started walking. We went on a mini-trip to Saratoga Springs a few weeks ago, and Sunny decided then that crawling was no longer something she would do. From that trip on, she started walking. At first she would take three or four steps, fall, and then get right back up. Now, three weeks later, she walks everywhere and hardly ever falls.


Since she has become bi-pedal (a walker), she is a ton happier. I think she just really hated crawling. Crawling is just so….babyish. She never liked baby food either. I think she just dislikes being a baby, which is hard since she is one. Anyway….She’s much happier now that she walks.

Another positive consequence of her walking is that she eats less trash. Now instead of eating it, she picks it up and brings it to me and says, “tin-chew” (Sunny for thank-you). So we put her on litter patrol and that’s how she earns her keep around here.

This is what happened after she ate a fudgepop after our FHE last week. She, like her sister loves chocolate and was not happy once it was gone. Thank goodnes we were ate them outside.



Also since she started walking she throws less food during meal time. I am not sure how or if the two are related, but either way, it’s a real relief. I got to the point where I just couldn’t take one more day of cleaning up after her and then magically, she stopped doing it.


She is a real blankie baby these days. She loves best her Sunny blankie I made her. Whenever she sees it she snuggles in with it and sticks her first two fingers in her mouth. We have discovered this is a great way to keep her nice and quiet in the car. Her blankie is a real blessing in everyone’s life. It brings her a great deal of comfort and brings the rest of us, especially me, a great deal of peace, especially while in the car.

She loves Alyssa’s things. She loves Alyssa’s blankie, stuffed animals and water cups. Anytime she can get her grubby little hands on Alyssa’s property, she laughs and gloats until Alyssa notices and promptly removes the items from her possession. It’s really funny how she knows what’s good to have at such a young age.

Sunny loves drinks, especially water. We always have a couple sippies of water kicking around the house and Sunny can often be found with a sippy under her arm while wandering around the house. At least she stays hydrated.

Alyssa is just cuter and funner everyday. Lately she has taken to daily wearing her butterfly wings which were part of her Halloween costume last year. She pretty much wears them all the time. She wears them while riding her tricycle and insists we take them with us when we go places and she puts them on when we get there.

Since it is so cute to see her in them, I allow it. People love to see her wearing them, we get a lot of stopping and staring. She also wears her pink sun glasses and a crown to top off the look. She knows she is a fairy princess if she is dressed like that.

She also says cute stuff all the time. Most everything she says has to do what Kiwi’s (her stuffed cat) life or birthday. The cat leads a very intriguing life and has birthday parties nearly every day. Lucky cat.

She recently graduated from sleeping on box spring and mattress on the floor to a real bed. She is sleeping on my old daybed from when I was a kid. She loves it and it is very cute in her room. Special thanks to Bonnie who helped me put it together.

She loves wearing dresses. She prefers to wear dresses all the time. Seeing her in pants is a rare thing these days. I think it has something to do with her obsession with princesses. Does anyone with older daughters know how long the princess obsession lasts?

Steve is really enjoying golfing these days; he plays several times a month. He is getting better every game. He got a golf club pull cart for Father’s day which he seems to really enjoy. He also really enjoys being daddy to his girls.
He seems to enjoy daddying more as the girls get older. They really love him too. Alyssa is always telling me, “Daddy is such a sweetie, isn’t he mom?” To which I say, “Yes, he is.”

I am really enjoying the good weather and the chance to get out on the bike. I have started an early morning exercise regimen with some of the Weight Watcher buddies. Even though it is early, for the first time in my life, I am enjoying being up early to exercise. It just goes to show you that anyone can do anything they decide they want to do. I am planning to do my first real Triathlon in September, wish me luck.

And that’s the haps at our house.

11 comments:

Leslie said...

Oh, I see what you do with your free time while I have Alyssa at my house and Sunny sleeps :0) She is a doll, they play so cute. I think it is good for her to play with fake bugs and other boy stuff once in while, you can't be a princess all the time. I love these pictures, so cute. And you look fabulous, by the way, 76.5 miles on a bike did you good.

Bob said...

Your kids are so cute... I am glad I found your blog.
BFFs forever LOL! ;-)
H.A.G.S.

Unknown said...

Yeah, I'm excited about your triathlon! For the swimming, do you have a pool to swim in? I would train by swimming 750m once a week and doing more sprints and drills on a different day during the week. That is my new plan for training. Two days for each part. One day is endurance and one day is speed.

The Meyers said...

You look great! The girls are adorable!

Julie said...

Too cute! It was fun to see you for a minute at the park. You look great!!!

Misty Moncur said...

I had (have) a blankie growing up and I loved it so much because I wasn't getting enough love and understanding at home. You should think about that.

Bonnie said...

I also helped make Sunny's blankys :) Love you guys!

Kristin Sokol said...

That's true she did. She also thought up Sunny's name. Where would we be with out you Bonnie.

Bob said...

I am guessing that you would still be in Herriman

jen&boys said...

What cute girls! I love the fairy wings. Has she read Alice the Fairy? I think she might just love it.

ba and the boys said...

all i will say is that if i could get away with wearing fairy wings all over herriman, i so would.