Sunday, November 1, 2009

The scariest Jack-O's in town!

We had all the kids scared to death when they approached our house and saw these babies a glow on the porch.

Okay, no one was scared, but we did get a lot of comments.

The favorite seemed to be the Hello Kitty one.


The princess what much more difficult to carve and I wasn’t sure I could really pull it off once I started it. In the end, it turned out okay.


Special thanks to Russ E. who gave me a lesson in Pumpkin Carving two years ago. My skill has improved greatly since then.

Alyssa absolutely hated carving these bad boys. She was so offended by the smell and the feel of the pumpkin innards. This picture is totally staged. It’s probably the only time she had her hand in the pumpkin.
Her attitude changed after they were all carved up, then, she absolutely loved it and claimed ownership of the Hello Kitty.

Sunny love the "gumpkins" as she called them. She love everything about them, including eating the guts and seeds. She thought they were delicious.


They looked so cute in their costumes.


I put make-up on Alyssa for the first time. She loved it, saying… “look mom now my face is painted the same color as yours!”


Sunny enjoyed dressing up too as long as it meant having unlimited access to candy, namely suckers.

I dressed up as myself from five years ago on August 13, 2004 (minus the while long sleeve undershirt)


My girls thought I was Cinderella as did all the children who came to the door. My dress filled the entire entry way. I love that dress. It’s a shame their aren’t more places to wear it. Also, it’s a shame that I can’t really move around in it.

All in all we had a really fun Halloween.

6 comments:

Emilee said...

So fun! I need a lesson on carving pumpkins.

Morgans said...

How fun!! So you didn't go parade round in the dress??
My girls don't do the pumpkin guts thing either, what is up with that??

Unknown said...

Congrats on fitting into your wedding dress! That is always an accomplishment! Love the girls costumes. Didn't think it was possible that they could look cuter than they already are!

karen said...

Alyssa and Sunny look adorable and so do you, Kristin. Looks like you all had a great Halloween. The pumpkins are darling too. Steve never enjoyed carving pumpkins as a kid either, Alyssa. Thanks for coming over so we could see the girls in their fun costumes. You are so thoughtful and sweet. We love you!

ba and the boys said...

you didnt have that dress on when you came to my home to trick or treat! i feel jipped!

Unknown said...

I SO SO love that you wore your wedding dress for halloween! Love and miss you!!