Thursday, January 14, 2010

Put Your Money Where Your Prayers Are

Listen…I know times are tough and everything like that, but the peeps in Haiti can’t find their children, probably because they are buried and dead underneath all the rubble.

They have no water, no food, no phone, no Internet, no electricity and on top of that most of them can’t find their family members.

There is already looting and gunfire in the streets. They need our help. We have money. Even if you think you don’t, you do. Even ten dollars would help.

I heard on the Today Show this morning that the Red Cross is already out of supplies. It only happened a two days ago.

If you have food and water and a warm place to sleep, give. It will tangibly help someone who doesn't.

By the way, we live on a fault line. Our turn is coming. I sure hope that people will donate when we are in need so we can get some clean water, food and supplies in a timely manner when we have our disaster.

Click this link and have your credit card in your hand. It’s easy and takes less than 30 seconds. It’s LDS Philanthropies. We obviously trust them with our money. 100 percent goes to the Haiti Quake relief.

Do it. Then you won’t feel so helpless when you see the devastation continuing news coverage.

5 comments:

Heather said...

thanks - thanks for posting the link for donation. It's so easy to pay online with a credit card. And I love that LDS Humanitarian services is so trustworthy. I know they'll do all they can and get stuff sent quickly. Thanks again for posting this!

Erika W said...

Thanks for this post Kristin.

-Jason

Summer Miller said...

thanks for this link. I was telling the kids I wanted to make sure that 100% went directly to people. It breaks my heart. I wish we could more.

the thrifty ba said...

can i just say after the aweful things danny glover/pat robertsons/rush said this week-it is wonderful that people show that they still care. parker has been very concerned about the people here-esp the kids. they must be so scared-even if they have their family next to them.
the world should have them in their prayers. and have something in their wallets to give.

Corinne said...

Thank you for this, I cannot believe the devestation that is crashing down around them. Hopefully there will be a glimmer of happiness for them soon!