Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter, whatever

I normally don't aire my grievances on my blog, but someone tried to call me out about featuring my life as a fairytale on my blog. Which it definitely is not, although I do have some regular fairytale moments (and I don't mean to sound ungrateful for them by saying life is not a fairytale).

Here's the thing. I said I would lose my one pound, you know...under pressure. Well my Thursday night weigh-in came, and I was prepared. I had done the work, I'm not a slacker. I for sure know how to lose one measly pound by now. But...to my disappointment I actually gained 2.2 pounds instead of losing the one I had intended. I occasionally have gains. It happens pretty regularly, but I was not expecting this one and it got into my head a little this weekend.

I went on a weight-cation for Friday and Saturday. A super response to remedy the problem, and yes I do know better. Chocolate marshmellow bunnies are good.

Today we went to Steve's parents for dinner and a 1/3 mile race around their block, a bi-annual family tradition between sessions of general conference. I knew with all the athletic training I have been doing that I could beat them all or at least be competitive. Wrong again.

Steve's Dad and my sister-in-law both beat me by more than a minute. I was so out of breath after and coughing and had a little bit of an asthma attack. Nice.

Never mind that I seriously bust my butt most days of the week doing a combination of swim,bike, and running. There's more for me to feel sorry for about that race, but I'll end there since that is plenty of embarrassment for one day.

Having a week like this makes me I wonder why I put so much effort into self improvement.

So anyway...I'll try to think of something positive to say tomorrow to replace this sorry entry, but happy Easter everyone. I hope yours was better than mine. I hope you ate fewer treats than me.

10 comments:

Erika W said...

Alayna got a new jump rope from the Easter bunny, so I thought I'd show her how it was done. After 3 jumps I literally thought my insides were going to fall out. I HURT! I couldn't breath, and I'm pretty sure I tore some muscle in my left leg. 3 jumps. I was so devastated I went straight for the Reese's peanut butter egg to drown my sorrows. You're not alone.

Amber said...

It's okay to have a crappy day(s)-give yourself a break. I've ate way too much of that sugary stuff this weekend too. I kinda feel gross. Bummer.

ba and the boys said...

remember this-i hobble on a daily basis. you will always be in better shape than me. and if life was easy and perfect, it would be boring. yea for challenges!
and you are my hero!

Jennie said...

Hang in there, Kristin! Just think about what you are doing know that you didn't even dream of doing 50 pounds ago. You have accomplished so much...don't focus on some silly number because it is just a number.

Unknown said...

I have those days fairly often too. Don't get discouraged, just keep moving forward. Look how far you've come!

That Girl said...

LOL!! I wasn't calling you out! ;) I just feel like such a debbie downer sometimes on my blog and was looking for some fellow downers... Thanks for your support!

AND, I don't even want to think about how far or how many lbs I have to lose to get back to my ideal shape after this baby - I never even lost that much weight after Ry. You're WAY ahead of me and look GREAT!

XOXO

jen&boys said...

Everyone has those days! Sorry about the disappointments. You're still my hero! Keep being amazing!

Megan B ♥ said...

UGH. I HATE it when that happens. It really does mess with your head. And then your head messes with what you put in your mouth... and on and on it goes.

treehugger said...

You do this because:
1. You look great
2. You inspire inherently lazy people like me
3. So that you can just sound cool to others

Keep it up. I know how it feels to wonder why.

Amy said...

It is nice to have a vent session when you are bugged. We all feel for you!