Monday, July 12, 2010

Good Water


If you didn't already know Herriman has terrible tasting water. It's not the worst I've ever had (I grew up in Riverton), but it's close.

Steve grew up on what some would call the the right side of the valley (I just disagree). I will give them this though, their water tastes awesome.

Poor Steve has had a terrible time adjusting to our gross water, so for the last five years we have been filling up jugs at Smith's. They have a water filter machine there.

It was such a pain for so many years to fill the jugs. We were always on good water ration. It seemed like we were always low or out of good water...But no more!

Thanks to Handy Manny, I mean Steve's brother Jeff, we now have unlimited good water right out of our own new tap.

Steve's parents made his dreams come true by buying him a home reverse-osmosis system for his birthday, what a party huh! Steve's brother Manny, I mean Jeff, gave him the instalation of said system for his birthday.

After about 5 hours of work (including 3 trips to home depot) it was up and running. We have enjoyed the delicious water ever since.


It is one of those things you just don't know how you ever lived without. It has tremendously improved the quality of Steve's life and mine.

We did have to buy a new kitchen faucet so we could have a sprayer since the new spigot took the place where my sprayer formerly occupied. We picked out the faucet the other day in a hurry, because you know...who cares what your faucet looks like. Well...I guess I should have examined the new faucet a little more closely, because after it was installed, it looked a little bit X-rated to me. Is it just me? Take a look at the faucet and tell me if you concur.

So big thanks to the Sokol's for making that happen for us. We really really appreciate it. It's a dream come true.

Post note: For all of you concerned that our kids won't be getting the floridation from the water...please rest easy and know they will be growing up on gross tap water, just like their mom did. It's worth it to have good teeth.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Idaho water is so much better, I couldn't stand my parents water when we went down last time! I had to buy some bottled water just so me and Jeremy didn't get dehydrated because we couldn't drink anything. SO glad you have good water now! makes ALL the difference!!

Emilee said...

So funny. Your new faucet does bear some resemblance to a certain thing -- you are hilarious.

I am so glad that you have good water now. The water in Levan is so good. Whenever I am at my parents, I have to fill up as many containers as possible. In fact, Madeline asked me the other day if my cup of water was filled with Nephi water or Levan water. When I told her it was Levan water she grabbed the cup and drank the whole thing.

I think that is an awesome birthday present!!

ba and the boys said...

i cant believe you havent had a water thingy! i hate sacrament water b/c it hasnt been treated! aaahhhh...clean water is amazing!
and ps-you can get 1000 floride pills from the dentist for about $5 at the px. then they can drink good water too!