
A long time ago in a far away land, I went to college. Discount college. Snow College. Utah’s best value (cheapest) in education at the time (1996-98).
I don’t really know why or how I ended up there, probably because I was not a stellar student and I just couldn’t stomach living in Price and attending CEU (College of Eastern Utah) which is where my brothers got their pre-mission discount knowledge.
Anyway…I don’t know why I ended up there, but I am sure glad I did.
I had the best Junior College experience that money can buy. The thing that made it great was not only the unique opportunities (and I do mean unique) attending a small school can provide, but mainly the people I met, who happen to be some of my best friends still today.
We went back to Snow College today for a gathering of old friends/doormates for pizza and a campus tour. After touring the campus and the town it was easy to see why I had/have such close relationships with my schoolmates. There just isn’t much to the town. All we really had was each other, and we made the best of it.
Some of us even graduated, how about that. The school work was always secondary to the fun we had. No regrets.
We all got together and reunited at Roy’s Pizza, (formerly known as Fat Jacks Pizza) to reminisce and eat delicious pizza.


We had a great time, despite the ridiculous amount of children dining with us.
After the pizza party we walked over to campus and took a self tour.
We climbed up on the Snow College sign and took a photo just as we had done years ago.

This time however, all our children who were not used to seeing their mothers engage in ridiculous and dangerous behavior, cried and sobbed at seeing their mommies on the sign.

Then we put them on the sign which they for the most part liked.
Unfortunately all the buildings were locked save one in the Humanities building which we took our selves on a tour of.
We unsucessfully tried to get into our old dorm.

No luck.

We settled for a photo on the steps and a peek in the window at our old bedrooms.
One of my best memories was enjoying all the nuances that make Sanpete County the pleasure it is. Here is one...
I really wanted to knock on this door, but the gate here was locked. *Shoulder shrug*. Don't you just love it!
All in all it was great to see and remember the time we spent in Ephraim way back when.
Special Thanks to Heather of Aya Photography who documented our reunion. Perfect for your next wedding, funeral, family gathering or family portraiture.

5 comments:
Oh my, gotta love good old snow! Fat Jacks was yummy. Why would they change the name?? You are adorable, I love that you still keep in touch with all of your Snow buddies.
Nicely put. Thanks for the shameless plug! :) I had a blast... thanks to you and mindy and angela for putting this one together.
we ALMOST stuck to our Palasades pact... we've been back.. OH NEVER!
Good times! :) Probably the best time ever was our trip to seattle. oh wait...we didn't invite you. rorry!
I love Fat Jack's Pizza so much. . .you have no idea. How fun that you stay in touch with your college buddies.
What a great day! Thanks for all the planning!
snow college...i have SO many memories associated with it. it is fun to read about other people's perspective of it who didn't grow up a block away from it. looks like you had a fun get-together. yummy pizza huh?!@
Post a Comment