Sunday, December 26, 2010

Let's Play Doll House


Alyssa got a Doll House last Christmas from her Grandma. She has really started to embrace it over the last several months.

Each time she has a friend her age come over, they immediately run into her room upon entering our house. They close the door and I don’t see them again until the child is retrieved by her parents. It’s great. We love it, they love it. It’s a win for everyone.

I must admit I find the thing really, really charming. I especially love to see how they have fully furnished it with the teeny tiny furnishings we've collected. I love to spy on them living the lives of the dolls. It makes me remember my own childhood. I have very vivid memories of playing doll house with my friend Tarmy Egbert. How many hours of my life did I spend in her basement playing doll house with her Barbies? Too many to count. Times may change, but humanity does not. Every little girl loves to play doll house no matter what year it is.

2 comments:

Emilee said...

Madeline has the same doll house and I am sad to say that she has played with it a total of 2 times. I think it is the cutest thing and of course she hates it. . .ugh!! I am so glad that Alyssa loves hers though!

Perschon Family said...

you look AMAZING and i am SO proud of you! just since i've known you, i can tell that you've lost even more weight! your eyes shine and you have a contageous smile! i love that you have reached your goal that seemed so far away a few years ago! you're amazing!!! CONGRATS!!!