Sunday, May 22, 2011

Day 6 rides, fatigue, swimming and mexican food


After taking the day off theme parking, we surprisingly were still excited to go in for day three of Disneyland. We rode more things we haden’t ridden and some we had. Here are the best photo’s of the day.















I must admit, after three days in Disneyland my stamina wasn’t what it had been at the beginning of the trip. We petered out of the park at around 4 p.m. and headed back to the hotel. In fact I was so weary and started to have some knee pain so I ended up being carted back to the hotel in our stroller along with my two children. I felt like a loser, but I have learned from past experience that when my knee hurts I should stop whatever I am doing.

This is the view from the stroller.
Steve is a champ for pushing his whole family home.

We stripped off our clothes and put on swimsuits and headed down to the pool which was super freezing. The hot tub was nice though so we enjoyed soaking in it with The Brocks. The kids had a great time dipping themselves into the freezing pool and warming themselves in the hot tub. I actually did too.

With limited energy, but feeling somewhat recharged from the “swim” we daringly decided to take the kids to our favorite California Mexican restaurant, El Cholo. It was kind of a trek to drive there and I wasn’t sure it was a good idea to take weary kids to a sit down establishment.

I was wrong though…sort of. All the Brock children fell asleep on the way over as did Sunny. Alyssa was nearly out too when we pulled up.


Sunny stayed asleep during the whole meal and never woke up for any of it. Even the impromptu birthday party we threw for Tjice (Tyce).
Alyssa was so tired she ate most of her meal like this...
It was a real relief to have a peaceful and delicious dinner even if my legs were asleep from having someone sleeping on me. Totally worth it.

We drove home and put her in bed. Sleep, sleep, sleep. I guess I was not the only one down on energy.

We needed rest too. If you can believe for the next day, we planned to have our fourth and final day of theme parking.

2 comments:

Darla said...

More stamina than I've got!

Meaja said...

Regardless of all the fatigue and weariness your family made our family trip AWeSOMe! Thanks for the memories!! As for stamina, girl you OWN IT!!! :)