Sunday, March 2, 2008

The ah-quarium



So we bought a membership to our local aquarium for our family. For a year it cost us exactly $26 for the family, and let's just say we are getting our money's worth. We have been basically every Saturday since, plus a few weekdays as play dates. We knew we would enjoy going back, having a free family destination and activity, but we didn't count on it becoming such a lifestyle for our daughter.

Alyssa has now become quite obsessed with sea-life. I guess our frequency of visits to the fish palace have led her to this. She wakes up and tells me that she has dreamt about Sea Turtles. She tells me she wants to swim like a fish, then gets on her belly to show me how she'd do it. "I want to go beach. I want to catch a wave. I want to wear my sun-hat. I want umbrella. I want to wear swimsuit. I want to play in water. I want go ocean." She actually told me all this the other night in one breath. I guess it was everything she could remember about our August 07 trip to Huntington Beach. She has an amazing memory for a two-year-old.

She would watch Finding Nemo everyday if I'd permit it. All her favorite books are about fish. She still lulls herself to sleep every night with her crib aquarium. I'm pretty sure she'll pack that thing when she moves away to college.

Some kids are obsessed with trains. Ours loves sea-life.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hey, next time you go, let me know! I want to go--and we should call Heather.

Anonymous said...

PS, I think this "Attention" thing is spam. I got my first this morning... from another name, but with "attention"--I don't think you're supposed to open it... And I think now I'll have to make people do the letter thing or whatever

Erika W said...

Does Alyssa touch the sting rays? I can't get my kids to even go near the sting rays, let alone try to touch them. What's the secret?

jen&boys said...

She's so cute! I especially love the up-side-down sunglasses... Vital for a trip to an aquarium.

ba and the boys said...

parker LOVES animals but i could offer him a million $s and all the pokemon cards he could ever want and he still wont touch a starfish! seriously, a starfish! wat to to alyssa!

Heather said...

I'm tottaly bummed we can't all go to the beach!!! i mean...think of the children!

Anonymous said...

Of course I remember you!!!! I am so glad things worked out with you and your man! How many years has it been? Crazy how time flies! Infact, next week we are all going to Las Cruces. Your kids are cuties, are you guys still in Utah?

Tiffany said...

How fun- our pass is to the children's museum in Ogden. It is the best $40 I have ever spent. Nothing like always having something you can go do without spending more money. How is your Hypnobirthing classes coming along? I couldn't get into a class but I read the book. I am really excited but I wish that I had the added advantage of the class.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.