Who doesn’t love conference weekend.
A lot of people look forward to spiritual upliftment, as do I. I also look forward to not having to get dressed and ready for Church.
But what I REALLY look forward to is….All the lame-o commercials directly before and after the session ends.
Trips to Navoo (have you ever been there, lame). Pills you swallow instead of eating food( What the?). Food storage systems, LDS art, LDS music, LDS Movies, all white clothing, Joseph Smith Statues (I thought we weren’t supposed to be into idols and stuff) Book of Mormon Trivia Games and all the other strange products that only Mormons need to have.
I find it all very irritating for some reason.
On a more positive note. At least I don’t have to get two other people besides myself ready for church. I’ll have time to make and eat warm muffins. Eight hours of church is almost worth hot lemon poppy-seed muffins.
Sloppy Joe Pot Pie
1 day ago

12 comments:
That's why I never start watching conference until 10:30, then don't start up again until 2:30 or so, just to make sure I don't have to see any of those commercials that prey on the weak-minded.
When I worked at Costco, it was always interesting to see the customer flow on Conference Saturday (and, to a lesser degree, conference Sunday). The morning wouldn't be very busy at all until 12:30, then it would explode.
At around 2:30 the whole place would clear out again and stay pretty empty (just the heathens) until 5:00 when the whole place would fill up with women.
On that Sunday, you could detect the same pattern, but to a lesser degree. I guess nothing says "I enjoyed conference" like eating a $1.50 hot dog and drink.
i guess i am a weirdo cause i love going to church every sunday. That is the only time my kids really get to be surounded by the spirit cause trav is not religious at all. So i am always happy to go i always feel like im missing something when im not there. Conference is always good to of course.
I like being at church, it's just the whole getting there by nine that is hard. Conference is a nice break from that routine.
How about Deseret First Credit Union and Coral Canyon?
Is it bad to record conference and then watch it after our picnic/bike ride? That's what we will be doing! If anything, we spend more time together on conference weekend.
are you ripping on LDS movies that play after conference? and are you ripping on the Seagul Book commercials? cause my brother makes those commercials... and this year after saturday's conference a mormon documentary my brother made is playing... so watch it! (haha... i mean that as... watch out lady for making fun of that stuff... but when i read it... it could also mean... watch the show!) its called mormon mythelaneous. its pretty good... for a mormon documentary. :) everyone buy the DVD!
i LOVE mr mac and desert book commercials that start exactly 2 weeks before conference. my dh sooo needs 2 suits for the price of 1!
(can you hear the sarcasam?)
ps-i saw you on the FRONT PAGE of the south valley journal today. well, not your beautiful face, but your riviting, well informed writing!
This time around I get to watch conference from the comfort of my hospital bed. Well, actually, I'll probably be watching a lot of football from the comfort of my hospital bed, seeing as Jason will probably be with me. But hey, what do they expect putting Conference smack dab in the middle of football season?!
I do not know of this "conference" to which you speak... I am however, familiar with Con-fernse. I often sleep through Con-fernce on Sunday then I walk around the block, then I fall asleep through afternoon Con-fernce. Saturday Con-fernce is something spoken of in church, however I am yet to witness it.
This year I particular enjoyed the adds for the book called Love Letters which apparently gives explicit details on the intimate life of Joseph and Emma. "Joseph and Emma: Inside the Sacred Relationship. Buy it now and one for your neighbor or you're not a good Mormon!"
I also saw that Arby's (at least in Riverton) is getting into the act. Apparently they were offering 99 cent shakes after the Priesthood Session!
As far as everything else goes, at least its October, so Football goes well between sessions (and sometimes during sessions too!) Did I say that outloud? No, just typing, so its OK.
And the Carol Makita specials! YOu can't forget the Carol Makita specials between sessions... I especially look forward to the zippy titles... Conference wouldn't be the same without those!
Post a Comment