Saturday, November 1, 2008

Seeing the Witches


We finally made it to the Gardner Village. We’ve been there many times before. In fact, we went there for dinner when our parents met for the first time before our wedding. It’s a nice place to go. Quaint, quiet and a nice ambience. But have you ever been there during Halloween?? It’s totally nuts. Sheer mayhem. No quaint, no quiet.


We went October 17th, along with everyone else in the entire valley. Luckily we went with some lovely company and had a great time despite the crowd. Alyssa had a great time running around with her friends, seeing all the unusual things.


It was fun though. All the witches were very clever. We got some cute pictures. Also we helped a lost little girl find her mom. Keep an eye on your kids parents.

Probably the most interesting thing aside from the sheer number of people gathered there was the little boutique that were selling charm necklaces or belts. And yes, I am talking about charm necklace/belts from the 80’s, like when I was in third grade.

Apparently there was a whole warehouse full of them waiting for all these years to be sold and now they decided to cash in. There was the baby bottle, the toilet, the tennis racquet. You remember it, they had it. They were selling for five bucks a piece. When I use to buy them from Riverton Drug, I think they were more like 50 cents. It was pretty much too rich for my blood back then and it is now too, but it was really fun to see. A blast from the past for sure.


Anyway thanks Emery’s for letting us horn in on your tradition. We love going with you guys, but next time lets not go over UEA.

5 comments:

The Davies said...

Yahoo I'm the first one to post! Do I get a prize? And a warm feeling inside doesn't count just so ya know!

Gardener Village is a horrifyingly cute as I had imagined! So are you guys! We miss you! We should spend a week together like every month... okay maybe not, but more often.

I need to call you this week and talk Coldplay...I'm so excited!

Heather said...

I think angela SHOULD get a prize... way to go!

Jen's kids are getting soo big! Have i seriously not seen them for that long? Wow...

Glad you had fun at the Gardner.

You totally should have gotten some charms! Holy crap... blast from the past for sure! Whats up with that?

Julie said...

Loved hearing about your trip- especially the charm bracelets- yes those were my favorite and I did spend A LOT of money on them! All in the name of fashion of course...

Carrie said...

Ok--I totally saw those charm necklaces at GV last week and had a huge wave of nostalgia!! So funny-- I was obsessed with them as a young girl.

stacie said...

Ha Ha! those charm things were in Posh Frippery! I saw them too! And I thought, who would buy that? And then my children asked if they could buy some, because they loved them.