Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Sokols enter the world of Speed Skating


Okay this one is a little old at this point, but it was fun and unique and post worthy so here it is.

The World Cup Speed Skating Championship was held recently and we went and saw some of the qualifying rounds. Steve had the day off which made it possible to go.


I have never been to an event like that before. I missed all that Olympic stuff (still bummed about it) on account of I was preaching in NY at the time(no regrets).

Anyway, it was cool to see those kinds of athletes up close. It was also cool to see them actually compete. I am interested in speed skating, as in I’d like to learn how. One of these days…you’ll see me in a head to toe spandex suit with a little American Flag on my back. Won’t that be something.


As you can see. Alyssa was totally enthralled with it. Steve went and bought her a candy and things seem to really turn around for her after that, at least until the candy was gone.