In case no one cares anymore, including me…the school board voted to only increase our property taxes 20 percent instead of they 40 the originally wanted. I personally think they were planning 20 percent the whole time, but whatever.
During the meeting they explained that they really appreciated all the feedback from the angry towns-people, but that it was too late to really have any of it make a difference this year. Perhaps next year they could implement useful cost cutting measures.
Knowing very little about education, but a moderate amount about administration and governmental fiscal budgeting, I know there are at least 50 ways to leave your lover and 100 ways to cut costs without impacting the classroom.
Why the school board didn’t implement any of these cuts when they could have is beyond me. Maybe they wanted to stir up a fuss I don’t know.
After the meeting I was interviewed by the local new station about my reaction. If you care to watch the story and my television debut, here it is:
So there you have it. We’ll see you again soon School Administration, this ain’t over! Newbold, why aren’t you more useful. I’m coming for you!
Silly Connor
11 years ago

11 comments:
THAT WAS TOTALLY AWESOME! NEXT TIME REMIND ME TO GET YOUR AUDOGRAPH...SERIOUSLY! I especially love at the end how you expressed yourself if your two fingers...that's so Kristin! Gosh I miss you! Hope to see you soon! love me
You are so good in front of a camera -- so good on your feet. I have always admired your quick wit!
You rock. you are my hero. I rant and rave about government, but I don't ever know what I can do about it... I'm going to call you in my times of need.
hey, that was great. way to go. I have a question--at the end, the reporter said that field trips will be cut, but my understanding is that field trips are paid for by PTA anyway...
I'm super impressed. You should move to California and fix the budget crisis here. By the way, when are you guys coming down? Sometime in Sept, right?
I listened to the interview they did with you on Fox radio news. On KNRS 105.7 where you were the only interview they played, but they only played the first part. you did great by the way.
CSO you rock! I was SO very impressed. You make me proud.
i say vote whowver is an incumbant out this november (or in september for the primaries). i will get a list together of who NOT to vote for!
btw-im so proud that you are my friend and like to stick it to the man!
bdaw-some of the fieldtrips are pd for by the pta, some the school and some parent donations. i know parker had 2 last year, but one was a walking (walking=free) fieldtrip to smiths.
You are so great! I admire that you are so active in your community. When are you running for city council or the school board?
I think everyone has an obligation to public service somehow...I plan to serve when my wee ones are a little bit older.
Post a Comment