Steve and I, as always, were watching Donald Trump’s Celebrity Apprentice the other night. Even though the Donald is utterly ridiculous and the celebrities are so messed up, we really, really enjoy watching it. Most of the episodes boil down to which celebrity team can raise the most money in a single event for charity.
So during last night’s episode Steve challenged me to a fundraising event. Right away my hands and feet went numb, but we both need to raise at least $400 so we can both participate in the Diabetes Tour de Cure and the Bike MS 100 mile race this June. Combined each of us will ride at least 160 miles.
I accepted his challenge and now the race is on between me and Steve to see who can reach their fundraising goal first. With your help and the help of this blog and facebook, I think I can win this as long as some of you don’t go AWOL on me and put your money in Steve’s pot. Steve has his own friends.
Donating is super fast and easy…all you need to do is click this link for MS and this link for Diabetes and have a credit card handy (pick your disease). It takes just seconds. Or if you prefer, you can hand me cash or a check.
To donate online—or to see who is winning, click through the following links:
Kristin MS
Steve MS
Kristin Diabetes
Steve Diabetes
I'll just say it. I need your money. $5, $10, $25 or $50 would all be so helpful. I am willing to work for it too.
Here is what I am willing to do for your money…for a donation of…
$5--I will show you a magic trick. (You should know I took first place in not one, but two Stake Talent Competitions with my award winning magic tricks.
$10—Will get you a piece of jewelry (preferably a ring) cleaned with my jewelry cleaner. It’s very effective. Your ring will look brand new.
$25-- Will get your toenails painted.
$35 Will get your toenails painted and I will a create a cute little flower design for your big toes.
$50 Will get you a full pedicure, including flower, in my home using my jetted foot bath.
To donate click here.
Why MS and Diabetes?
MS: The reason I am riding for MS is because I really do hope to see a cure for this disease in my lifetime. I paid my way through college by working as a home health aide. I visited people in their homes and helped them with their daily shower. For someone suffering from symptoms MS a shower is a big painful deal. It is an unpredictable devastating disease that can strike anyone between usually between the ages of 20 and 50. If I can do anything to help what is currently an incurable disease I feel like I should.
Diabetes: I knew nothing about Juvenile Diabetes until my nephew was diagnosed at age five. Since then I have watched my brother and sister-in-law make tremendous strides to not only keep my nephew’s diabetes under control, but to help others in the school system to understand and be proactive about keeping diabetic kids safe and healthy while they are at school.
It is my hope to also see a cure for Juvenile Diabetes in my lifetime.
----------------
Steve’s equal opportunity message:
I don’t make as many friends as Kristin, but I think mine are more charitable and more generous. Everyone who donates MS or Diabetes through my pages will get a facebook shout out telling everyone what a great person you are. Everyone who donates $25 can get their 2010 taxes prepared. For $50 you can have a free financial analysis of your mortgage, debts, investments, retirement plan. I’ve read Dave Ramsey’s Total Money Makeover and I think I could tell you what he’d say. I’m also willing to do resume updates for donations. Willing to negotiate. All items listed obo.
Again,
Steve MS
Steve Diabetes
Kristin MS
Kristin Diabetes
Sloppy Joe Pot Pie
1 day ago

3 comments:
You guys are so good. I'll contribute and will hand you a check. when do you need it by? Sorry about Friday. I'm really not that big of a flake, but I came down with a lovely stomach virus and felt it creeping in while at the docs office on Friday a.m. When I got home, I couldn't find your number and didn't think to check my blog - truly sorry. FEeling better now after spending 2full days in bed (thank goodness for xbox to occupy my sweet boy). I have now programmed your number into my cell. Forgive me? xoxo
Wanted to be sure you saw my reply on facebook. So we're on for the 14th, right? I put my cell in that message and I'll bring check in hand and won't flake. PROMISE! ;)
Thanks for doing all the hard work for us and making us look good for it!
Post a Comment