Monday, November 1, 2010

I need your pants people

I know it's a strange request, but I really do need your pants. Actually I need your kid's pants.

I have a friend who is a pre-school teacher in Cache County. Many of her students fall way below the poverty line. Often the kids come to school in pants that are WAY beyond worn out or are not appropriate for the weather or they just plain have an accident at school. Anyway...she just gave out her last pair of give-a-way pants and has no more. She feels helpless as a teacher when she can't get them through the day.

She also needs boots and shoes. Kids often get their shoes and boots wet in snow and rain. She says the kids only have one pair of shoes and come back the next day wearing the same shoes still wet since the parents don't have a way to dry them.

So...I am asking any of you who may have extra pants, shoes or boots for boys or girls to donate them to this cause. We especially need boy stuff. Sizes that would fit preschool aged kids aged three to five years old. New or used we don't care.

If you'd like to make a donation of money instead, I'll take that too. Then I will go to Ross and buy some boots shoes and pants.

Send me an e-mail or call me or leave me a comment and I will arrange to get the boots, shoes and pants from you, or bring them over to my house.

Thanks everyone. Let's keep all the kids warm and dressed in functional clothing this winter.

YES WE CAN.

1 comment:

ba and the boys said...

you are a sweetie to do this. i once did a sub for santa where all the kids asked for was a pillow.
SERIOUSLY!? i have 6 on my bed right now!
i will look thru nateys stuff and give you a call.