Friday, August 1, 2008

Much-a-Blog About Nothing

I have been wanting to post for a few days now, but nothing pressing has come to my mind. So here are some random things I have been thinking about and or doing.

Yo-yo-ing on on Weight Watchers. Down two pounds up two pounds. This has been me for the last several weeks. I can pull it together and loose, but then I feel so great about myself that I feel like I can relax.

Solution you ask? Here it is. I have given my scale to Jenny next door to baby-sit for the month. I also plan to ask the WW peeps to keep my # number a secret from me. By doing this I expect to not celebrate any loss thus keeping my guard up. I’ll let you know how it turns out.

Steve and I have decided to participate in a bike race since we both have legs and bikes that need to be used. Problem is…all the bike races are early in the year. So….we are just riding around for now. Our plan is to do the Bear Lake race next May, which is sixty miles around the lake. Not so far on a bike when you have almost a year to prepare. Anyone else interested? Or know of another bike race happening this year?

I have found that I am a better exerciser if I have a goal in mind rather than just doing it to lose weight. It works even better if I have paid money to participate (because I am a cheap-skate and feel compelled to get my monies worth if I spend some).

What I’d really like to do is a triathlon. Not like and Iron Man or X-Terra challenge, just a simple race with three fazes, run-bike-swim or swim-bike-run how ever they do’em. Anyway. I don’t really have access to a pool. So until the county builds me a pool, that dream is on hold.

I want a Barbie Corvette. My friend Tarmey yes Tar-mey(that’s really how you say it), Had one. She had tons or Barbie stuff, and it’s a good thing she did cause all I had was nothing but transformers and micro-machines and other lame brother toys. So I am buying one for “Alyssa” (me). They don’t make them any more so I have been actively looking on KSL.com for someone to sell theirs to me. I have found a few, but too far to go get. I currently have a bid standing on E-bay. It’s really cool too. It has a remote control and it really drives. How awesome is that. Alyssa (me) is going to have so much fun with it.

Having two kids is not as bad as I thought it would be, but I had really low expectations. It just cuts out most of the time I used to have for myself. Now I have a few minutes here and there instead of a couple hours here and there. I’m adjusting to it. It’s all temporary anyway. Before I know it, they’ll be all grown up and I’ll be begging them to spend time with me and they’ll think I am lame even though I clearly am not lame.

Steve is the best man around. Do you know he has installed all the door knobs in our new basement? Accountant by day, moonlighting as a handy-man by night. What a guy, and he’s all mine!

Sunny just woke up. Free time over. That was a lovely twenty minutes just then.

4 comments:

Dave said...

Ha! I was first to come across your blog and make a comment! How did your birthday celabrations go? Fantastic splash park fun?!
Those parks are awsome. Remeber Dave, was first to post!

ba and the boys said...

i want a corvette...i had 2 barbies growing up (my bff ad a million) and no vehicals (bff had many). i say live out your childhood thru your kids...men do it w/sports and their sons all the time...why cant you?

Misty Moncur said...

How come only our friends had a lot of Barbies? Where are all these friends and their Barbies now? I am wearing my Barbie shirt today. Sorry we missed your birthday, was it great?

Heather said...

i never had a barbie...nope not one. i did however have a barbie garbage can... does that count?