Part of the Sokol Summer Concert Series included seeing Martina McBride at the USANA Amphitheater. Well, we didn’t ACTUALLY have tickets to this show and we didn’t ACTUALLY see her, but we didn’t let that stop us from having a great time. I mean who doesn’t love Martina McBride? I tried to win tickets all week by listening and participating in radio contests but with no luck.
So we just parked our blanket right outside the fence and next to a storage shed at USANA and enjoyed the show from there with the girls in tow. Both girls really seemed to enjoy the music.
We could hear perfectly. We could see all the lights from the stage. In fact we could even see the top part of the stage. No, we couldn’t actually see Martina or the band because for some reason they have built up the hill so you can’t see the stage from the outside. Weird. Seems like a lot of wasted effort to me.
Anyway, we had the whole concert experience. We used the port-a-john’s, saw all the radio stations, we even brought our own popcorn.
We sang along with all the songs and just really enjoyed ourselves, all with a big smirk on our faces because we knew we were the only one’s there getting it for free. SUCKERS!
We are planning to go see (or not see) Jack Johnson here pretty soon. We’ll let you know how that goes. Next time I’ll wear mosquito repellent though. Somehow they singled me out pretty good and had a feast-O-Kristin.

12 comments:
Dude - I wanna come with you to Jack Johnson. I'll ask Jimmy if he's up for a fence view. You guys are so funny to do that. Way to enjoy it for free.
I wanna go to Jack Johnson, too. He's great. And, you should go sit outside for James Taylor on Monday. Scott scored free tickets for us and I am so excited--love JT!
Suddenly, I don't feel like the only Pirate in the family....arrrrrrrrrrrr.
Kristin,
I love reading your blog even though having gone through Kara's to get to yours. I find it quite humorous. Can I just say, let me know how to get my little hands on some of those Jack Johnson tickets. I love his music and Kara loves it too. It would be great if we could get some so keep me posted on how to do that.
thanks, or and keep up the entertaining blog. It makes me smile. Love ya lots, Aunt Melody
You Cheapskates.
you kill me! you guys can have the most fun anywhere!
What the heck is up with the giant inflatable bald eagle?
can i get a copy of your pic of the concert!? what a great view!
Jack Johnson! Jack Johnson!
oh Jack Johnson!
That is awful, and rude, and if I have made all of you Jack Johnson fans mad, go listen to John Myer and get over it! Ha!
Looks like you had fun!
who is Jack Johnson?
I love Martina McBride! I saw her at the LA Fair about 12 years ago. It was free. Paying for concert tickets is lame!
Post a Comment