And we have the pictures to prove it. It was our first time as a family. Other years we have gotten them the lame way like picking them up at Smith’s.
Alyssa liked it and really looked forward to it. All day I told her that when Daddy got home we could go pick out a pumpkin, which she immediately turned into five pumpkins. All day I heard. “I’m getting five pumpkins”. I tried talking her out of such a large number, but no. She knew she was getting five.
Finally I resorted to telling her that she had to ask her Dad if she could have that many. I didn’t really know how much pumpkins cost. I certainly didn’t feel the need to spend $25 on pumpkins. Daddy couldn’t talk her out of it either so we ended up with five.
Fortunately they had tiny pumpkins, you know, the kind they put on desks in offices. So we got three of those and one large and one medium, all for $7.
Alyssa liked seeing all the different sizes an shapes of pumpkins. She also liked paying for her own pumpkins, that was almost the best part.
All in all, it was a good experience. We’ll probably do it again next year.

8 comments:
You guys are suckers.
Look how darling you guys are! We did the pumpkin patch thing last year and it was awesome...we were lame this year and just went to smith's...oh well. At least the kids got to pick out their own pumpkins!
I love it! I totally remember going to the pumpkin patch when I was a kid; always an autumn highlight! Can we go to the zoo???
You got a great deal on pumpkins! Halloween is another holiday that is probably way more fun to celebrate with kids. Looks like you guys had a blast!
we totally wanted to go to a pumpkin patch... you'd think up here in logan they'd be EVERYWHERE... but I didn't actually look really hard... anyways.... we got a walmart pumpkin.... that we never actually carved. lame.
You guys are an adorable family. It is fun to see your pictures. (I would have bought her five pumpkins too)
hi i made my blog private, please send me your email so i can send an invite my email is Rmemories4ever@msn.com
That's a much better experience than I had at the pumpkin patch this year.
I was just out there, walking through the pumpkins, minding my own business, waiting for the Great Pumpkin to bring me my loot, and the police come and haul me off. I guess people don't like it when you walk around their pumpkin patch in the middle of Halloween night.
Post a Comment