Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Ballet Class


Alyssa has become very interested in all things girlie recently. She especially loves ballet dancing. So, when we got the School District Community Education Catalogue, we signed her up for a class.

She got some ballet clothes for Christmas, so she was all set. She loves to dress up in them and run around the house, so actually using them in a class setting was very exciting. She has a Leotard which she calls a Ballarina-tard, tights, a chiffon skirt and cute little slippers.


She and her cousin signed up for the class together. It was held in the cafeteria at my old Middle School. Very chic.


Her teacher, bless her heart, was a high school girl. I mean who else would really have the patience to teach 12 three year old girls how to do ballet. But she left a little to be desired when it came to instruction. But as least she showed up, most the time.


It was so fun to watch her in a class setting. My kid is the social butterfly, if you were wondering. Always talking and telling people stuff, and making friends. This particular picture is the friend she made 10 seconds after we got there.


The first few lessons were basically learning how to behave in a class. What is appropriate to do and what is not. How to listen to the teacher, and what happens when you don’t. By the last lesson she totally had it down. She even seemed to know a little about ballet. And when I say a little, I mean very little. I am not sure how much ballet a three-year-old can really learn, but we didn’t learn much.


Anyway, all in all we really enjoyed the series of 8 classes for $25.

5 comments:

Erika W said...

I aksed Alayna today if she's sad that dance is over. She said "Actually, I'm pretty excited about it." $25 well spent.

I'm glad we did it, and glad it's over. The end.

Emilee said...

I love it! I love how cute little Alyssa looks in pink. She is a doll.

Bob said...

I now have a new name for the people on Dancing with the Stars who suck: Ballarina-tard... sweet.

That Steve Wozniak is sure a Ballarina-tard.

Anonymous said...

loves these pics of the girls in their ballet outfits!

ba and the boys said...

that makes me want to try for girl. almost...
so cute!