If you go along in life saying "no way, not me, I can't," to these kinds of opportunities, you probably won't lead a very interesting life and probably won't have much to talk about.
After viewing our new internet talk show, I hope you enjoyed it and received it in the spirit in which it was created, which is silliness. You may be asking yourselves, what would make a person, or two people as the case may be, want to do something like that. Why would they voluntarily put themselves out there like that? Wasn't it painful for them to watch themselves in that way?
To that I say this…Kind of. But it's worth it and I'll tell you why.
I have had many ideas presented to me that at the time have seemed crazy/embarrassing/impossible. People told me I was crazy for Hypno-birthing, running half-marathon, being a sister missionary, to name a few. In actuality, these and experiences and others like it turned out to be transformative experiences for me. I am very proud of myself for the accomplishment of them.
Maybe this is one of those things, maybe it isn't. Either way… If you go along in life saying "no way, not me, I can't," to these kinds of opportunities, you probably won't lead a very interesting life and probably won't have much to talk about.
That being said, I hope you are all looking forward to episode ONE next week. We have collected all your feedback and are planning a fun filled, shorter show, that will hopefully be less painful for all of us to watch.
Rome wasn't built in a day.
See you soon.
*Title credit given to the Movie Yes Man, starring Jim Carrey.
Sloppy Joe Pot Pie
1 day ago

35 comments:
You are so right. I am particularly guilty of doing this, or not saying yes to things I probably should try. It is a direct result of me myself thinking I will fail. So what? I'm a grown up. I guess I could deal with failure now.
This reminds me of one of Robert's posts where he talks about doing hard things. He says that instead of having to do something scary right the first time every time, you can just tell yourself you are practicing it, so you won't feel so bad when you're not perfect the first time. It really works to tell yourself that.
Loved your show, even the what were they thinking parts! Love ya!
I'm not surprised to say the least about your new show. It was funny and cute, so nice job.
Also- I posted a pic of our new house on our blog, but do know that it's not fancy or anything. So be prepared :)
Canalocaust comes to mind...
dumalic
I say go for it big time! And I'd like to be a guest on the show so I can act all crazy, too!
I have to admit that I have not watched your show yet but I will get to it soon. I do however agree with you 100%. I was just having this exact conversation last night with my friend at the Olive Garden. Don't be scared to try something new, fail or succeed at it, at least you tried and there are no regrets.
thevocalsokool huh... ok then
blog found! I'll put it on my google reader so I can keep up on all the latest with the Sokols. Thus far our meal plan is going well. Thanks for the inspiration.
Changed it and found you. Thanks!
Yay! Thanks for letting me know of your change. I was planning on changing it but minus one "o". So thanks for the correction. :)
Found it! And now it's changed on my blog list.
Thanks for the email--and now my blog is all updated with the right link. BTW--loved your youtube debut! You guys are awesome--someday I need to hear the story of how you came up with that idea in the first place...
found it...thanks for the update:)
comment
I updated the link on my blog to yours. :)
Found you. And, hey, Canalocaust was a classic. IS a classic.
Hypnobirthing? I'm very interested to hear how that went.
I linked to your new blog..thanks for letting me know. I'm excited to watch your internet show!
Changed it. I should have thought more about that stuff too. Amber
I updated my link to your blog. Loved your show by the way! :)
Thanks for the new address to your blog.
By the way I am going to remember this "say yes" advice. Next time I need something for Enrichment, I am going to ask you since I know you will say YES!!!! He he!!
Got it, thanks Kristin!
got it!
You're up and running on your new blog! Thanks
I am so glad I read your blog and will be checking out the "show" very soon.I TOTALLY understand you and doing things... remember Good Things Utah- it was totally one of those things. You are amazing...
k, my blog list has been updated.
Got you updated!
Yay I found the new blog
Got your new address and I changed it!!
all updated! thanks kristin!
Hi Kristin! You are the most positive, upbeat person I know. I love being around you because you make me want to be a lot more of a "glass is half full" type of person. Oh, I found your new blog address by the way--ha ha.
I got your new blog address, just wanted you to know :)
Okay so I did not read anything but I will.
Done.
How come your old link doesn't work?
Hey I don't remember if I left you a comment or not yet, but I got your correct url. Thanks for that. Your talk show was pretty funny.
this is what i do-dont answer your phone. then listen to the message and THINK about if you want to say 'yes'. i tend to say yes, then regret it. that is why nate is here. (ONLY KIDDING!)
i think of you as someone who tries everything, even if it is a bit odd...dont make me start a list.
ok-i will. you made me!
celeb watching at sundance/callie, enjoying a concert outside the actual venue, doing a ward tri-atholon, doing a web-show in your front room...
that is why i love you!
Post a Comment