Ever since Alyssa was two-years-old she’s been telling us… “When I get five, I’ll go to school!”
Well…she’s five now, has been since last October, and now, finally…All her dreams are coming true!
She is the Kindergarten kid. On the first day of school she woke up at 7:00 a.m. took a shower almost independently, got dressed, brushed her teeth, ate breakfast and got taken to school.
Her sister wasn't sure what was happening, but she knew it must be good.
Everyone was up early and very excited.
Steve and I actually took her on the first day.
She usually rides in a carpool with one of her best little neighborhood friends Xan.
Here she is outside the school. She had never been more excited.
Well…maybe once she was this excited. It was when she was about three at Disneyland. She could see Cinderella but she was still about 30 seconds away from meeting her in person. School, to her, was that exciting.
WE arrived a few minutes early so she got to play outside with the other kids for a few minutes.
You could just see it written on her face. "MY TIME HAS ARRIVED!!"
Here she is at her spot on her table.
It had her name on it and everything.
We had the opportunity to take her to her classroom and do a few activities with her before we left her in the trusting arms of the Utah Public Education System.
I was expecting to be a blubbering mess and some moms were doing that, but she was just SO excited. I couldn’t bring myself to rain on her parade. It just wouldn’t have been right, plus I didn’t feel much like crying.
I just felt… proud.
Steve and I got back in the van together both feeling a great sense of pride and accomplishment.
Baby to Kindergarten lasted about 3 months. I wonder how fast Kindergarten to High School Graduation will go?

No comments:
Post a Comment