Sunday, August 14, 2011

Steve's New Threads


Steve turned 35 in May and for his birthday with the help of my parents I bought Steve a new custom made suit.

Steve has lost some weight over the last 5 years and because of this none of his former suits fit him even remotely. He has a hard time anyway buying clothes off the rack that fit right because most men are taller than Steve (yes, really).

Our neighbor Jason Yeats business is making and selling custom suits so I brought him on board to make his surprise birthday wish come true.

On his birthday, I picked Steve up destination unknown and brought him to the Office of Beckett and Robb located inside the Craig Swapp building. When we pulled up the the building he thought I was giving him a post-nup for his birthday.

When he figured it out it was such a surprise. It's something he's always wanted but never thought he could have.

He went through a through fitting and learned all anyone could ever want to know about men's suits. There are so many options. It's a bit like building a house. So many decisions make, each more critical then the last. We left with a great deal of anticipation.

We expected to have the suit for Steve's sister's baby blessing but had a little scuttle with the Department of Homeland Security who randomly halted the shipment the suit was in which was coming from Thailand. After spending 17 days in Cincinnati OH the shipment was finally deemed "terrorist free".

When the suit came in, this is what we ended up with.
I am so impressed by this suit. It's perfect. I have never really seen Steve in clothes that actually fit him. He looks so handsome!

Before having this suit, I didn't understand the big draw to suits. Suits are very expensive and to me they looked more like a pair of matching men's pajama sets than anything else. Why pay so much when I know I can go down to the department store and pick out a pajama set and look mostly the same for a lot less money.

This suit however bares no resemblance to pajamas. It was totally worth the time, money and effort expended to make it happen.

Thanks to Jason Yeats for letting us be picky and helping us get just what we wanted. I recommend Beckett and Robb to anyone. And if anyone actually reads this and is convinced to have a suit made, please tell them them I sent you. They have a referral program.

As a matter of reference, Steve and I walked past Utah Woolen Mills yesterday, so we stopped in to ask about their price point. Their custom suits start at $1200. START at $1200. I won't specifically say what we paid for his suit on this blog, but we paid way, way, way, way less than that.

Next time you see Steve in his suit...tell him how nice he looks.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have to say we kinda like Jason Yeats too!! :) I just need to talk Greg into getting one from him too!! :) I think Cavell recently got a womans suit from him as well.

Misty Moncur said...

Wow, you're like the nicest wife. Great suit, Steve!